Date: January 30, 2016
Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Location: The Moon
Purple Craze is a fun, over-the-top purple extravaganza to celebrate life, love, and the work of Alzheimer’s Project, Inc. in Tallahassee and the Big Bend.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $45 for a couple.
Why purple? It is a dynamic color that communicates the energy behind this event, but more significantly, it is the awareness color of Alzheimer’s disease.
Purple Craze highlights include strutting down the purple runway and competing for prizes by creating the best purple-themed costumes – anything purple goes – and learning the Purple Craze Shuffle, an original dance choreographed for this event!
Attendees will enjoy music by Jazz Copeland, games, and a live auction.
Purple Craze is a celebration with a purpose. All proceeds will benefit Alzheimer's Project, Inc., a United Way agency that provides relief to the caregivers of persons suffering from Alzheimer's disease or other memory impairments.
Alzheimer's Project, Inc. strives to keep caregivers healthier, both physically and emotionally, and to prolong their ability to care for their loved ones at home.
With your help, we can sustain and grow these services. Consider the following:
• A new individual is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease every 69 seconds.
• Alzheimer's Project, Inc. has 23 years of service to Tallahassee and the surrounding communities. All funds raised stay here to support local families.
• Alzheimer's Project, Inc. serves 10 counties, including Leon.
• In 2014, Alzheimer's Project, Inc. served more than 4,000 local caregivers.
• Funding one year of respite care in one location costs approximately $12,000.
All services provided by Alzheimer’s Project, Inc. are free to caregivers.
Purple Craze - An Alzheimer’s Project, Inc. Benefit
7:00 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016
1105 E Lafayette Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301