Date: January 31, 2014
Time: 7:30pm - 11:00pm
Location: Tallahassee Automobile and Collectibles Museum- 6800 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32308
Purple Craze is a fun, over-the-top purple extravaganza to celebrate life, love, and the work of Alzheimer’s Project, Inc. in Tallahassee and the Big Bend.Tickets are $40 at the door.
Why purple? It is a dynamic color that communicates the energy behind this event, but more significantly, it is the awareness color of Alzheimer’s disease.
Purple Craze highlights include strutting down the purple runway and competing for prizes by creating the best purple-themed costumes – anything purple goes – and learning the Purple Craze Shuffle, an original dance choreographed for this event!
Attendees will enjoy music by DJ Greg Tish, delectable foods from local bakeries and restaurants, a Photo Fun Booth with purple props, games, and live and silent auctions.
Purple Craze is a celebration with a purpose. All proceeds will benefit Alzheimer's Project, Inc., a United Way agency that provides relief to the caregivers of persons suffering from Alzheimer's disease or other memory impairments.
Alzheimer's Project, Inc. strives to keep caregivers healthier, both physically and emotionally, and to prolong their ability to care for their loved ones at home.
With your help, we can sustain and grow these services. Consider the following:
• A new individual is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease every 69 seconds.
• Alzheimer's Project, Inc. has 22 years of service to Tallahassee and the surrounding communities. All funds raised stay here to support local families.
• Alzheimer's Project, Inc. serves 10 counties, including Leon.
• In 2012, Alzheimer's Project, Inc. served more than 4,000 local caregivers.
• Funding one year of respite care in one location costs approximately $12,000.
All services provided by Alzheimer’s Project, Inc. are free to caregivers.
Purple Craze - An Alzheimer’s Project, Inc. Benefit
7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, 2014
The Cord Banquet Hall
Tallahassee Automobile and Collectibles Museum
6800 Mahan Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32308