Save the Date for Purple Craze
Put on your best purple duds and join us on April 25th for this fun, over-the-top purple extravaganza featuring the Michael Miller Band. In addition to amazing live music, there will be a Battle of the Chefs sampler, Purple Craze dance & costume contest, live & silent auctions, and more!
The best part is that when you buy a ticket to Purple Craze, you’re helping to ensure that no one in our region has to face Alzheimer’s disease alone.
Purple Craze has special meaning for me. I started the event years ago for one main reason: I know what it’s like to experience Alzheimer’s without the support of an organization like Alzheimer’s Project. I grew up in a small town in West Virginia, where there were few resources to help my family when my father, Ron, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in his late 60s. We never attended counseling or a support group meeting. We never received caregiver training, and we never benefited from weekly respite care. In short, we felt alone.
Thanks to you, families in our region have access to these programs and more!
Alzheimer’s Project services include:
- Respite Care including music therapy and exercise therapy
- Support Group where caregivers can connect with those who can relate
- Project Lifesaver (a program that helps in the active recovery of someone with dementia who has become lost)
- Publication of the Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Manual
- Training for caregivers including counseling and referrals
Alzheimer’s Project offers many valuable services, but they all come down to this: helping families regain peace after receiving a devastating diagnosis. This wouldn’t happen without your generous support, and it wouldn’t happen without events like Purple Craze, which raised more than $40,000 last year to fund services for our local families.
Purple Craze is a reminder that there is reason for hope. Love is never forgotten. Joy can be found in the most unlikely places. Thanks to donors and supporters like you, no family is ever alone.
Former Alzheimer’s Project Board Member
P.S. I really hope you can make it to Purple Craze! If you can’t, please consider making a gift to Alzheimer’s Project. Every penny of your donation will stay in the Big Bend to support families here.
- $20 Sponsors a Certified Nursing Assistance for one hour during Day Respite
- $25 Provides materials for the Caregiver Library
- $55 Provides Music Therapy for one hour during Day Respite
- $75 Provides two sessions of support and counseling for a Caregiver
- $300 Purchases one Project Lifesaver Transmitter Bracelet